1 December 2011
Visitors to Rundle Mall on 30 November were reminded of the safety measures they need to take this summer when they head to the beach or get the boat out.
Safety Compliance Officers were on hand to offer advice on boating rules and regulations and to prepare for a day out on the water.
Advice on how to prepare for a safe boat trip included:
- check the mechanical condition of the vessel
- make sure your boat is seaworthy and drain plugs are tightly inserted
- check that all the required safety equipment is on board, in good condition and within easy reach
- check the weather
- tell someone at home where you are going and when your will return
- log on with your local Volunteer Marine Rescue group and log off when you return.
A thorough checklist of how to prepare for your trip, how to stay out of trouble and what to do in an emergency is available on www.sa.gov.au.